Advanced Facilitation Training
An exciting and challenging day that looks deeply at group dynamics and the role you play as a facilitator. This course helps facilitators to deal with power, conflict & big personalities!
A unique day of interactive and participatory learning to build your confidence as facilitator or workshop leader.
This will be unlike training you’ve experienced before – you’ll be challenged, engaged and hopefully excited while experiencing the power of deep facilitation. While this is a day of learning, it is also time for you to think about your work and share your experiences. You’ll be asked to analyse difficult situations and come up with your own solutions!
You will also develop your skills and attitudes as a facilitator in working with diverse groups and using participatory processes. We’ll look at what it means to be in the mind-set of a facilitator rather than to just ‘do facilitation’.
Our Advanced Facilitation Training day will include:
- What it means to be a facilitator
- How to support groups to recognise and work with their power dynamics
- Understand and deal with ‘problem’ behaviour
- Cultivate empathy and the appreciation of differences
- How to frame a group’s needs
- Using questions effectively to draw out the experience of a group
- Using non-hierarchal processes
Who should attend this course?
The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in the role of facilitator/workshop leader, in formal or informal settings. Whether you are a novice wanting to start out with a deep grounding, or an experienced facilitator wishing to develop your current understanding and practice, this course will provide a valuable insight into good facilitation.
- Facilitating difficult behaviour Download
- Facilitating group agreements Download
- Tree Bressen External link
- Craig Freshley External link
- Avoid Collective Incompetence External link
- Barriers to Collaboration External link
- Positions, interests and needs External link
- Uncovering latent consensus using PIN External link
- Break the Rules: How Ground Rules Can Hurt Us External link
Enquire about our Advanced Facilitation Training course
There are currently no scheduled public dates for this course
Please get in touch with us for more details on how you can attend.
Any questions? Want to know more?
We’re always happy to answer any questions about our course. Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 488 7010.