Advanced Facilitation Training
A challenging day that looks deeply at group dynamics and the role you play as a facilitator both online & face-to-face. This course helps facilitators deal with power, conflict & big personalities!
"'Excellent day...realistic tools to deal with real, every-day situations' "Stefania Battistelli (Save the Children)
A unique day of interactive and participatory learning to build your confidence as a facilitator or workshop leader.
In this training, you’ll be challenged, engaged, and hopefully excited while experiencing the power of deep facilitation. While this is a day of learning, it is also time for you to think about your work and share your experiences. You’ll be asked to analyse difficult situations and come up with your own solutions!
You will also develop your skills and attitudes as a facilitator in working with diverse groups and using participatory processes whether online or face to face. We’ll look at what it means to be in the mindset of a facilitator rather than to just ‘do facilitation’.
The day will include:
- What it means to be a facilitator
- Online vs face-to-face group work
- How to support groups to recognise and work with their power dynamics
- Understand and deal with ‘problem’ behaviour
- Cultivate empathy and the appreciation of differences
- How to frame a group’s needs
- Using questions effectively to draw out the experience of a group
- Using non-hierarchal processes
What this course isn’t…
What this course doesn’t cover is the more practical ‘tools & techniques’ for running meetings, workshops, etc. If that’s what you’re looking for then please see our other ‘Facilitation Training’ course.
"Enjoyable and interactive event with lots of opportunities to reflect"Tonyeh Vincent (NHS)
Who should attend this course?
The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in the role of facilitator/workshop leader both online & face-to-face. Although it does help to have some facilitation experience to draw upon, the day will also help the novice wanting to start out with a deep grounding in group dynamics.
"‘Very useful & insightful’"Mary Church (Friends of the Earth Scotland)
- Facilitating difficult behaviour Download
- Facilitating group agreements Download
- Tree Bressen External link
- Craig Freshley External link
- Avoid Collective Incompetence External link
- Barriers to Collaboration External link
- Positions, interests and needs External link
- Uncovering latent consensus using PIN External link
- Break the Rules: How Ground Rules Can Hurt Us External link
- Consensus Decision Making External link
Book your place today
Places are available on these public courses. You can book your place immediately with a secure payment by credit or debit card. Alternatively, we can send you an invoice.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch before booking.
7 March 2024 - 10:00am to 3:00pm • Zoom webinar, Online
Any questions? Want to know more?
We’re always happy to answer any questions about our course. Drop us a line on email@example.com or call us on 0203 488 7010.