A day of practical media training to give you the tools to successfully promote your work and your organisation.
Participants will understand how to prepare and package media stories and examine any issues that might arise. You will learn how to communicate your story in a way that sets the media agenda and positively promotes your organisation.
During the day you will look at how to make the media work for you. You will understand how media and journalism can increase the success of your campaigns, programmes or projects.
"Informative, thought-provoking and confidence building"Catriona Hay (Hampshire Council)
The training day includes
- What makes a story; when and where to place stories
- Knowing your audience
- Accessing, influencing and inspiring different demographics
- Messaging methods to feel confident in constructing media stories
- Media processes as you develop and ‘sell’ your story
- Writing skills (press releases, comment pieces, newsletters, publicity & letters to the editors)
- Social & digital media as a messaging and campaigning tool
- Dealing with negative media (crisis management)
- Feeling confident in developing and evaluating a media plan
New for 2022 – free follow-up session!
Every course now includes the option of a 90mins follow-up session on Zoom. You will have the opportunity to discuss your recent experiences, be given time to practice what you’ve learned, and get feedback.
"Loads of information and advice packed into a friendly day "Lauren Darn (Yorkshire Wildlife Trust)
Who should attend
The course is designed for people working at local, national or international level. The programme will help local government, not-for-profit, NGOs, Social Enterprises, NHS staff or a business looking to maximise the impact of their media activity. Whether you’re an experienced media officer looking for new ways to work or you’re looking to start a new media campaign, this day will give you the support you need.
"Very pleasant, informative & practical…from media expert"Yasmin Duncan (Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations Council)
Enquire about our Media Training course
There are currently no scheduled public dates for this course
Please get in touch with us for more details on how you can attend.
Any questions? Want to know more?
We’re always happy to answer any questions about our course. Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 488 7010.