Volunteer Management Training
Helping volunteers love you – your organisation and the role they play. Learn how to work with volunteers in new and exciting ways that help build your organisation, social enterprise or voluntary group.
This course makes recruitment, management and, most importantly, engagement of volunteers easy.
The training encourages you to look closely at the motivations of volunteers and how organisations work with them. You will also examine contemporary approaches including co-production and the use of non-hierarchical teams.
- Why people get involved in volunteering and why understanding motivations is so important
- Creating roles for volunteers
- Recruitment & Publicity
- How to share examples of what works well and why
- Keeping people involved, happy and excited about the role they play
- Volunteers and the Law
- Consider co-production and working in non-hierarchical structures
The day includes plenty of group work, exercises and discussion – you definitely won’t be staring at power point all day. You’ll also be given lots of opportunities to discuss your own experiences and develop personal strategies to aid your work.
As a participant you will learn:
- Practical ideas for recruiting, inducting, engaging with and supporting volunteers better in your organisation or group – the beginnings of an action plan.
- Activities that you can use back in your organisation with volunteers or other staff or trustees as part of your volunteer management strategy
- Examples of tools to help you with volunteer management, and a signpost for where to go for more information
- A group of peers tackling similar issues for you to keep in touch with and share information and experiences with as you take your action plans forwards
- An action plan for improving or embarking on volunteer management
Who should attend this course?
Any organisation involved in voluntary work or volunteer-led group looking to engage others or support each other better. Whether you are conducting a borough-wide consultation, national volunteer programme, involving an intern or rejuvenating the membership of your local residents association, you will benefit from this day.
"Inspiring, informative and memorable."Pauline Kelly
"Excellent - extremely interesting, educational and good fun. Brilliantly interactive!"Nicola Roberts (Wales Museums, Archives and Libraries - MALD)
Book your place today
Places are available on these public courses. You can book your place immediately with a secure payment by credit or debit card. Alternatively, we can send you an invoice.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch before booking.
23 November 2023 - 10:00am to 3:00pm • Zoom webinar, Online
Any questions? Want to know more?
We’re always happy to answer any questions about our course. Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 488 7010.