Feel confident in communicating and discussing all aspects of renewable energy systems.
Please call for next date
For bookings and info please contact Chetna:
T: 0207 324 4775
"An excellent event allowing opportunity to debate issues and sound out preconceptions"
Alan Asbury (Aylesbury Vale District Council)
Chris Church has worked in the voluntary sector and as a consultant for over 25 years. He is an experienced advisor on community and sustainable development issues. He is an associate of the Community Development Foundation and a member of the London Sustainable Development Commission. Chris is chair of the UK Local Carbon Communities Network.
Jon Cowdrill is a Project Manager at Joju Solar. He is responsible for predicting the technical and economic viability of projects. He gets to see first-hand the advantages of renewable energy. Jon presents to Transition Groups and Community Hubs on the benefits of renewable energy.
Renewable energy is a vital part of our future energy strategy. Despite widespread public support, opposition and misinformation continues to exist in the UK.
This course looks at the background to these issues, offers core information about key renewable energy technologies, and focuses on how to make the case for renewables both in terms of general publicity, and site-specific discussions.
People attending this course will learn how to:
1) Discuss and explain the role and importance of renewable energy systems in a low carbon future.
2) Make a positive case for local renewable energy projects to the media, local people or a group of councillors.
3) Describe in plain English the merits, and the potential problems, of various types of renewable energy systems (wind, solar renewable energy systems such as solar PV, solar thermal, heat pumps, biomass, wave, tidal).
4) Overcome and answer critical questions in ways that will help those who are confused or uncertain to see these systems in a positive light.
5) Feel confident in supporting people looking to make decisions about installing a system for their home, business or community organisation.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone keen to get their facts straight on a variety of renewable energy systems and how to communicate them effectively to a varied audience. Whether you are a business looking to increase your quality of advice, a local authority or organisation promoting the use of renewables and sustainability, or an independent consultant looking to increase your knowledge, this course will provide you with the key skills needed.
£395: Business Rate
£298: Large Charities, Public Sector and Small Businesses
£150: Small Charities and Independent Consultants
Concessionary rates available for students, pensioners and unemployed. Please contact Chetna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bespoke courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Prices include a vegan/vegetarian lunch, fair-trade refreshments and networking time.
For bookings and further information, please contact:
Tel: 0207 324 4775
The venue is fully accessible with wheelchair-accessible lavatory facilities.
Interesting and stimulating - great to meet other people working on similar issues
Informative and interesting
An informative and well facilitated day
Lot's of useful facts for me to take away